Upholstery Cleaning Memphis, Germantown TN & Collierville
We Clean Corners Others Cut
Call 901-755-1122 or email us Info@graysoncleans.com
Upholstery Cleaning Carpet Cleaning Carpet Stain Removal Upholstery Stain Removal Carpet Protector Upholstery Protector Odor Removal Carpet Cleaning for Health
Contact us now for a free estimate
About us · Contact us · Reviews & Testimonials · Photo Gallery · Do-It-Yourself Tips
Upholstery Stain Removal
UPHOLSTERY CLEANING - FIRST AID
You've just spilled a glass of wine on your living room sofa—what do you do now?
It's important to act promptly but not to panic.
Follow these upholstery cleaning guidelines to control a spill and prevent a stain.
Act quickly before a spill spreads or dries.
Stain Removal Guide
Check the manufacturer's label for any cleaning instructions and/or fabric cleaning code.
The following are the standard fabric cleaning codes used by furniture manufacturers. Use these codes to determine what types of cleaning methods are appropriate for your fabric:
W Use water-based cleaning agent
S Use mild (water-free) cleaning solvent
WS Use water-based cleaning agent, or use mild (water-free) cleaning solvent
X Clean ONLY by vacuuming or light brushing
The following are steps for the stain removal process
· Always test water or a cleaning agent by applying to the same upholstery fabric on a hidden area of the upholstered piece.
· Allow the test area to dry completely, then check its effect on the fabric. Apply water or a cleaning agent (as recommended in the stain removal guide) in small doses to avoid spreading the stain or causing a ring. Be patient; apply several times, blotting firmly with a dry paper towel to soak up the liquid after each application.
· Never rub a fabric; rubbing could result in damage to the nap, loss of color, or spreading of the stain.
· Restore the nap on velvet by brushing gently before it dries.
· To avoid water spotting, use a fan or cool blow dryer (on a cool setting) to accelerate drying. Dry from the outer edge of the affected area toward the center.
· If the stain persists, seek professional upholstery cleaning assistance.
Contact us, Professional Upholstery Cleaning
Memphis Upholstery Cleaner Since 1970
Home Carpet Cleaning Carpet Cleaning for Health Upholstery Cleaning Carpet Stain Removal Odor Remover Carpet Protector Upholstery Protector Top of Page